Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Transforming my Classroom

I have to admit, I've pretty proud of how far I have come in my classroom with technology.  Like many teachers, I tend to be a control freak and I don't like to share my "toys."  I've moved away from that attitude and tried to let the students take over the learning.  One of the ISTE standards speaks to Personal Responsibility and that is big item for me.  I tell my students from day one that they have to take ownership in their education.

This coming fall, I intend to do even more.  I like to move the furniture around.  It keeps students guessing, since teenagers aren't really too fond of change. Students will collaborate on a daily basis, if at all possible. Communication is the key to success in the 21st Century and I want my students to take advantage of all the possibilities available to them.  It's my job to make sure they do.

All of my vocabulary lessons on online at vocabahead.com.  Many of my students, and the class pictured here especially, loved completing the online quizzes to study prior to taking my test.  They would shout answers, argue about the correct answer, etc.  It was my favorite part of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment