Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Staff Development

Vocabulary is critical across the board.  To make this staff development more effective, I would probably request those attending to bring a vocabulary list they use.  There are lists available for ALL disciplines, even if teachers have to pull them from a textbook.  When showing the Word List tab, teachers can also participate by suggesting words and checking the list.  I will have teachers search the Shared Lists for key words relating to their disciplines.  This lesson definitely needs to be done in a lab.

1 comment:

  1. Sam, I thought your presentation was strong. I thought it was awesome that you included research to support your views on the importance of vocabulary (something I thought about doing and forgot to mention while I was presenting). The one thing I would suggest is giving the audience an opportunity to interact with you and/or the website.

    ReplyDelete