Thursday, July 14, 2011

Professional Development

I'll not lie.  I have been known to cringe at the words, "You will need to attend this professional development session on...."  I know, too, that there will be "cringers" in the crowd when I announce my professional development.  However, I promise to do my best to help my coworkers see that what I am teaching has a direct impact on their classrooms.  I won't just "throw it out there" and hope they "get it."  I will teach only what I believe truly works, for if I believe it, then they will believe it.  As adults, we have had enough education to want to see the "bottom line" in all that we do.  I'll be up front with the uses and benefits and, hopefully, my coworkers will respond positively to my message.  Teachers need to continue to study and train.  We must keep up with what is going on.  However, we must respect the knowledge our teachers already have.  In the end, it will all be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment